HLTAID001 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation - (CPR) - Dandenong
HLTAID001 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is the most current CPR unit of competency.
CPR can be done on its own or as part of our Provide First Aid Course.
Australian College of Nursing endorsed course.
Spring Special Sale today : $69 (Save 25% today - usually $95).
Stage 4 Restrictions - CBD College
Victorians can still attend our first aid and white card classes in Melbourne CBD and Dandenong. The Victorian Government confirmed this with us on 5 August 2020.
Victorians must stay at home except for four reasons: necessary goods or services; medical care of compassionate reasons; exercise, work and education if necessary.
Please note that our courses are approved to operate as we are providing qualifications or credentials to people employed in key industries such as:
• Clinical health and biomedical science
• Aged and disability care
Staff and students who are permitted to leave home for work or study can travel more than 5 kilometres from their home for this purpose.
All first aid courses are still proceeding as planned.
We have exceptional infection control measures in place and have been advised by a senior member of NSW Public Health and a medical specialist on these policies that we have in place.
- Classes have been limited in size.
- The 4sqm and 1.5m social distancing guidelines apply in all our classes.
- We encourage hand sanitisation as people enter and before they leave (and whenever they like during the course).
- Our trainers have been instructed to space chairs out, have breaks every 2 hours, sanitise all surfaces, door handles etc with Viraclean (or equivalent) at each break and air the room during break.
- There are gloves that you can use for your assessments.
- Some of the assessments have been modified as you will see on the day. For example you do not have to breathe into the manikin during this time.
- We have a sign on the door reminding people not to enter if they have travelled internationally in the last 14 days (these notifications are also on our websites and are in the terms and conditions that students must acknowledge before they can be enrolled).
- Our staff have had professional development on maintaining their own personal hygiene and on Coronavirus in general
HLTAID001 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
2 Hours and 30 Minutes
- how to properly assess an emergency situation
- CPR techniques on adults and infants
- using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- assessing and moving injured casualties
- legal responsibilities of a first aider
- basic anatomy and physiology
- and much, much more!
We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No. 91399).
This nationally recognised course satisfies 1 Unit of Competency unit from the new HLT Health Training Package.
For more information on the CPR course CPD points for GPs/Nurses click here.
Anyone who has travelled internationally in the last 14 days must not visit our campuses.
If you are in this category of students, please defer all enrolments into CBD College classes.
Anyone with a fever or history of fever and acute respiratory infection (with at least one of the following symptoms: shortness of breath, cough or sore throat) should also defer enrolment until they are well.
For all students enrolled in Provide CPR, an online learning program and a 50-question multiple choice exam needs to be undertaken and successfully completed.
Upon successful completion, you be able to print out a Certificate of Completion. This must be brought with you on the day of your course. Click here for more details.
Our CPR classes run in the Dandenong CBD weekly from 9am to 11:30am. We run classes every week of the year.
Where do I go to attend the first aid course?
CBD training rooms in Dandenong are located at Unit 4, 2-10 Walker Street, Dandenong VIC 3175 (rear of building facing railway - cnr Moysey Lane and Freemasons Lane).
USI Number Requirements
All students doing nationally recognised training from January 1, 2018 need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). For more details and to create a USI go to the Government USI site here. https://www.usi.gov.au/your-usi/create-usi
We are unable to refund monies for students who do not turn up for first aid classes or decide at a later date after booking that they do not want to attend. Changes to class times are allowed, but not within 48 hours of the class commencing.
Available dates are below - please allow time for them to load - call 1300 628 299 if you cannot see the dates.
Quick Enquiry Form
Please complete the form below to submit your enquiry: