HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid - Queensland
Australian College of Nursing endorsed course.
Winter Special Sale today : $129 (Save 40% today - usually $215).
- Classes have been limited in size.
- We encourage hand sanitisation as people enter and before they leave (and whenever they like during the course).
- Our trainers have been instructed to space chairs out, have breaks every 2 hours, sanitise all surfaces, door handles etc with Viraclean (or equivalent) at each break and air the room during break.
- There are gloves that you can use for your assessments.
- Some of the assessments have been modified as you will see on the day. For example you do not have to breathe into the manikin during this time.
- Our staff have had professional development on maintaining their own personal hygiene and on Coronavirus in general
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
(also known as Senior first aid or level 2)
1 Day - Includes:
HLTAID009 Provide CPR
and HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- how to properly assess an emergency situation
- CPR techniques on adults and infants
- using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- first aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- managing medical conditions such as anaphylaxis, asthma and seizures
- managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- infection control procedures
- managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- assessing and moving sick & injured
- legal responsibilities of a first aider
- basic anatomy and physiology
- managing shock
- and much, much more!
We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No. 91399).
1-Day Course with 3 Units of Competency
1-day course with 3 Units of Competency from the new HLT Health Training Package recorded on your Statement of Attainment issued the same day:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support (BELS)
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (supersedes HLTAID003)
If you are feeling unwell and showing symptoms, please get tested and defer all enrolments into CBD College classes.
Anyone with a fever or history of fever and acute respiratory infection (with at least one of the following symptoms: shortness of breath, cough or sore throat) should also defer enrolment until they are well.
Our course is flexible in delivery and comprises a pre-course online component followed by our 1 day in-class practical course. The pre-study consists of 100 MCQs which can be done online.
Pre-study takes on average 3-5 hours. 95% of students prefer the online method (as opposed to attending another day) as it is convenient and cost effective.
To register and start the online workbook click here
Our first aid classes run in the Brisbane CBD every day of the week from 9am to 3:30pm. We run classes every week of the year.
Where do I go to attend the first aid course?
CBD training rooms in Brisbane are located in the heart of the city.
Exact address: Suite 14, Level 4, The National Bank Building, 180 Queen Street, Brisbane, Queensland, 4000 (National Bank building in the Queen Street mall).
Gold Coast CBD training room: Southport Tower 2, Level 3, Suite 02, 5 Lawson Street, Southport, 4215. We are right at the Southport bus stop and light rail stop.
USI Number Requirements
All students doing nationally recognised training from January 1, 2018 need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). For more details and to create a USI go to the Government USI site here https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
We are unable to refund monies for students who do not turn up for first aid classes or decide at a later date after booking that they do not want to attend. Changes to class times are allowed, but not within 48 hours of the class commencing.
Available dates are below - please allow time for them to load - call 1300 628 299 if you cannot see the dates.