Child Care First Aid - Hornsby
HLTAID012 (formerly HLTAID004) Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
This unit of competency has been approved by Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) who have deemed it to satisfy all requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
This course is suitable for anyone working in long day care, family day care, preschool and outside of school hours (OOSH) care services.
Australian College of Nursing endorsed course.
40% off today. $149 (usually $250). Spring Special Sale Today!
Child Care First Aid
HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
1 day includes HLTAID009 Provide CPR
and HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
and HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- CPR techniques on adults, children and infants
- compliance with first aid sections of the Education and Care
Services National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
- incident reporting in a child care setting
- child physiology
- how to properly assess an emergency situation
- using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- first aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- managing medical conditions such as epilepsy
- managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and
- infection control procedures
- managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- assessing and moving sick & injured
- legal responsibilities of a first aider
- basic anatomy
- managing shock
- and much, much more!
We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No. 91399).
1-Day Course with 4 Units of Competency
1-day course with 4 Units of Competency from the new HLT Health Training Package recorded on your Statement of Attainment issued the same day:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support (BELS)
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (supersedes HLTAID003)
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
Anyone with a fever or history of fever and acute respiratory infection (with at least one of the following symptoms: shortness of breath, cough or sore throat) should also defer enrolment until they are well.
Our course is flexible in delivery and comprises a pre-course online component followed by our 1 day in-class practical course. The pre-study consists of multiple choice questions which can be done online.
Pre-study takes on average 4-6 hours. 95% of students prefer the online method (as opposed to attending another day of classroom training) as it is convenient and cost effective.
To register and start the online workbook click here.
Our Child Care First Aid classes run in Hornsby from 9am to 5pm. Classes every week of the year.
Where do I go to attend the first aid course?
We are located just 3 minutes' walk from Hornsby train station at: Miller Noyce House, Suite 2, Level 2, 45-47 Hunter Street, Hornsby NSW 2077
USI Number Requirements
All students doing nationally recognised training from January 1, 2018 need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). For more details and to create a USI go to the Government USI site here https://www.usi.gov.au/your-usi/create-usi
We are unable to refund monies for students who do not turn up for first aid classes or decide at a later date after booking that they do not want to attend. Changes to class times are allowed, but not within 48 hours of the class commencing.
Available dates are below - please allow time for them to load - call 1300 628 299 if you cannot see the dates.
Quick Enquiry Form
Please complete the form below to submit your enquiry: